Dalby State High School moved to the Nicholson Street campus in 1954 and is the longest established secondary school in the Dalby district.
Recently Dalby State High has become a dual campus school. The original school located on the corner of Nicholson and Drayton streets is now known as the “Nicholson” campus. The former Dalby Agricultural College was annexed to the school recently and is now known as the
Bunya Campus. The Bunya campus is Dalby State High School's residential facility which has a 116 bed capacity. The campus also houses general classrooms, specialty workshops full sporting facilities, swimming pool and sports oval. The school provides training in agricultural science and agricultural certificate courses at the Bunya campus which at 340 ha is the largest school farm in Queensland. The Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE also delivers some programs from this campus. Students at the residential campus take part in all of the learning opportunities provided at either campus of the school.
Bunya Campus is also a resource for the wider community and neighbouring schools, the venue utilised for a range of activities, conferences and functions throughout the year.
The school contains a special education program catering for about 35 students. The support teacher (literacy and numeracy) provides support programs for students with identified needs in literacy and numeracy. The student population reflects all aspects of this diverse local community. Students join us from neighbouring P-10 schools to complete their secondary education. Orientation and transition programs are in place to assist students to settle quickly into life at Dalby High.