Established in 1954, Dalby State High School currently has over 1,100 students, including 90+ boarders. Staff at both of the school’s campuses (Nicholson & Bunya) work closely together to deliver a unique learning experience to all students. Dalby State High School is recognised as one of Queensland’s most innovative and progressive secondary schools. This reputation comes from a stimulating, well-ordered, safe and supportive environment, with a dynamic curriculum that produces quality student outcomes.
The key focuses for the school are:
- Attendance – the key to success. The more you attend, the more you achieve.
- Junior Secondary Engagement – improving the academic and social outcomes for students in years 7, 8 and 9.
Dalby State High School prides itself on key signature programs including the Apollo Program of Academies for high achievers, Trade Futures Program, Innovate Agriculture Program, Sporting Excellence Program, Instrumental Music and School Musical. A new STEM (Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics) Academy has launched recently.
In 2018, Dalby State High School was recognized with three significant awards:
- Education Queensland Showcase Award for Rural and Remote Education - State Winner
- Dalby Chamber Business Excellence Awards - Education, Employment & Training Judge’s Choice Award
- Dalby Chamber Business Excellence Awards - Business of the Year
Our school vision is ‘Creating the Future; every student, every day’. This vision is enacted through the school values of Positive Relationships, Student Diversity, Multiple Pathways and Teacher Excellence. These values are reflected in all student relationships with the school, their family, the community and the environment. Our ethos and enrolment numbers allow every student to participate, contribute and be involved.
Come and join us at Dalby State High School; a proud Queensland State School.
Dr Dean Russell (B.A., P.G.Dip.Ed., M.Ed.Lead., Ed.D.)