The Beyond the Broncos Girls Academy works directly with schools and communities to support Indigenous girls, from Years 7 to 12, into young adulthood.
The features of the program include:
- in-school mentoring and support from school-based Broncos staff
- semester challenges and rewards for attendance and behavior
- group presentations on topics including culture, lifestyle and careers
- support in completing Year 12 and developing career pathway plans, and
- exclusive access to Broncos staff, players, facilities and events.
Sarah Dodd works in our school as a Student Support Officer and is employed by the Broncos. Her job is to improve the attendance and completion rates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls at DSHS. She helps girls in the program to broaden their career aspirations and appreciate the value of education. She provides in-class support, liaises with school staff and community members to deliver the Beyond the Broncos outcomes. She prepares and delivers workshops, assists individual students, provides health and well-being programs. She has exclusive access to Brisbane Broncos staff, players, facilities and events. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.